Sunday, July 17, 2011

Free NYC Boat Ride

I love going to NYC with people who are first-timers to the city.  It’s fun being a tour guide for a day or two.

If we have time, I usually take them on the Staten Island Ferry just before sunset.  It makes for some good, yet distant, views of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.  The boat ride back to Manhattan in the dark, or nearly dark, offers good views of the city at night.

The ferry takes about 30 minutes from point to point.  And the best thing is…it’s free!

If you’re looking for something free and relaxing to do while you are in NYC, take the Staten Island Ferry. 

If you’re getting around my subway, just take the 1 train to the South Ferry Station (last stop), the 5 train to Bowling Green Station or the R train to the Whitehall Street/South Ferry Station.  It’s a very short walk from the train stations.

I’ve had many funny experiences on the ferry, to include being serenaded by a guy with a guitar and having my dad being picked up on by a prostitute.

Have fun on the ferry!  I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment.