Monday, July 18, 2011

5 Things That Get Under My Skin

Believe it or not, there are actually more than 5 things that irritate me.  Like Peter Griffin when he had his own segment on the news called, What Really Grinds My Gears, this is just a short segment of what gets under my skin.

  1. Whenever I see someone pull into and park in a handicapped parking spot, I always try to take note and see if they are really handicapped/disabled.  If I see someone with a handicapped parking permit get out of their car and walk and not appear handicapped/disabled, it just infuriates me.  That abled person just used up a parking stall that someone else may need!
  1. In most states here in the U.S. it’s either the law or good practice to use the left lane on freeways and highways as the “fast lane” or passing lane.  I absolutely hate it when someone is in the left lane, driving slower than the rest of us.  If you see cars behind you that seem to be coming up fast, or gaining on you, PLEASE, move it over, let them pass!  The first time I visited Germany, my wife warned me of this law there.  They strictly enforce it.  They go so far as to make it illegal to pass on the right.  Oh wait, it’s the law here in my state…hardly anyone obeys it.
  1. Let me start this one by saying I am not anti-dog.  I grew up having dogs.  I love dogs.  Having said that…here goes.  What is the deal with people bringing their dogs with them everywhere they go?  Remember the days when dogs weren’t allowed in stores and restaurants?  I often see people with their little lap dogs tucked under their arm and walking around with them.  Each time I’m in an airport, I see people walking their dogs through it.  I understand they want to let their puppies stretch their legs after a long flight, after all, I like to do that too.  But, all the airports I have been in have a rule about keeping animals in their travel kennels.  Keep the dogs where they belong!

  1. I’m driving along minding my own business, when someone in a car in front of me throws out a cigarette butt.  Our streets, curbs and gutters are lined with this trash.  It drives me nuts!  Here in my state, it gets pretty dry in those hot summer months.  By the end of summer, our freeways are dotted with blackened areas that have caught on fire, usually from people throwing out their cigarette butts.

  1. I dial up customer service/support to get some help.  Usually, if I’m calling one of these places, I’m already frustrated.  What frustrates me even more, is getting an automated system and not being able to get a live person on the other end of the line.  Sometimes as hard as I try to navigate through it, the harder it is to speak to a person.  How frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment.