Friday, June 10, 2011

Travel Pillow

I boarded my flight back to Salt Lake City from San Francisco late one evening.  My flight was on a regional jet, so you either get to sit by a window or on the isle.  I was lucky enough to land an isle seat, my fav.  With an isle seat I’m free to get up and use the lav without inconveniencing anyone. 

The man who got the window seat beside me was not a small person.  I joked with him and gave him a preemptive apology for my possible snoring that might be happening soon.  He joked and said he didn’t mind, but for me to be aware that he drools. 

I think I was asleep before the wheels were off the ground.  About an hour into the flight I woke up to find my head leaning to the left, and resting on his right shoulder.  His head was leaning to the right and was resting on top of my head.  We had both fallen asleep and undoubtedly gotten comfortable. 

I moved a little and was able to get out of the position without waking him up.  It’s unknown if he ever knew how comfortable we had become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment.