Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Trampled by Crazed Fans

When I was about ten years old one of my favorite shows was The Dukes of Hazzard.  One Saturday we heard that one of the stars of the show, Boss Hogg, was coming to my home town of Memphis.  He would be signing autographs and taking pictures with fans. 

My Uncle and Aunt took my two cousins and me to see him.  After waiting in line for a while, someone told all of us waiting fans that we were lined up at the wrong place.  A door opened up approximately fifty yards away and this was to be the room where we would get to meet Boss Hogg.

The excited crowd took off running towards the door, to form a new line.  My poor uncle got tangled up in the crowd somehow and went down.  Once my cousins and I reached the place the new line was forming we saw him struggling to get up off the floor. 

It turns out my uncle got trampled by the crazed fans and got his ankle broken.  He had to be in a cast for several months.

I finally got to meet short, round, little Boss Hogg and got my picture with him.  I just don’t know where the picture is today. 

To this day I have to laugh when I think Uncle George got trampled by a bunch of people running to meet the Dukes of Hazzard star.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment.