Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Eating Where Bella Ate

Being the only male in my house, you can imagine the Twilight books and movies have been around me for a while now.  Although I never did succumb to reading the books, I did watch a few of the movies. 

My daughters have wanted to visit the town of Forks, Washington ever since watching the first movie.  On a recent trip to Portland, Oregon with them we learned that a few of the movie sites were in the Portland area.

My sister-in-law knew of and took us to the famous cafe from the first movie, in Damascus, Oregon. 

Carver Cafe certainly looked like it did in the movie, however, the movie made it look much more roomy.  The corner table were Bella and her father, Charlie, sat in the movie was occupied.  We had to settle for a different corner.

The food was acceptable, nothing special; the service was slow.  I guess that's what you get when the sole reason you went there was because it was in a movie.

If you're a huge Twilight fan and will be in the Portland, Oregon area, head on over to the Carver Cafe.  Maybe you can eat up at the bar where Stephenie Meyer ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment.